Wilderness First Responder
WILDERNESS FIRST RESPONDER (WFR)
The Wilderness First Responder (WFR) is the recognized industry standard. Be prepared for wilderness medical emergencies.
It's perfect for:
- Trip leaders
- Camp Counselors
- Outdoor Guides
- Ski Patrollers
- Anyone working in leadership in the outdoors
- Individuals heading out on backcountry expeditions
- Students must be at least 18 years-of-age.
- Prices quoted are for training sessions, instructional materials, certification, and testing fees.
- Duration: 72+ hour course
- (Day-Student Only) There are also several hotels within 1-3 miles of the campus.
- Students provide their own meals. There are many options close by and delivery is always an option.
Expect a comprehensive look at the standards and skills of dealing with:
- Response and Assessment
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies
- Survival Skills
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Medical Emergencies.
- Ongoing evaluation of practical skills
- A written test
- A WFR certification good for three years
Instructor: Nathan Duclos
Nathan grew up hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. His love of the outdoors has taken him around the world. He loves being outside and helping others have great wilderness adventures.
He has climbed, guided and taught remote medicine across the globe. This includes Alaska, Argentina, Mongolia, Iceland, Tanzania, the Rockies and many more.
He co-founded a clinic in the mountains of Belle Fontaine, Haiti. There he provided medical services to victims of the 2010 earthquakes.
He worked with Floating Doctors to provide healthcare in rural island clinics. He worked in Tanzania and Mongolia providing medical care to indigenous populations.
- Wilderness Paramedic
- L1 Avalanche
- EMT Paramedic