Truax Campus FAFSA Workshop
Are you a Madison College student needing help to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Master Promissory Note (MPN), or Entrance Loan Counseling?
We offer free workshops to assist you and answer your questions. Space is limited, so registration is required. We ask that you arrive on time and bring the following required documents with you (for both you and your parent(s)).
- An email address with corresponding account log-in information
- Social Security number
- Dates: birth, death, marriage, and divorce
- Tax returns and/or W-2s for the prior-prior year to the FAFSA you are submitting. Ex. The 16/17 FAFSA and the 17/18 FAFSA both require the 2015 tax information.
- Current bank account balance(s)
- Amounts of any other income (social security, child support, unemployment, etc.)
- Value of any other assets
If you can answer YES to any of the following questions, you are considered an Independent student and DO NOT need to provide parent information:
- I will be 24 or older when I submit the FAFSA
- I am married
- I have children and provide more than half of their support
- I have dependents (other than children or spouse) who live with me and I provide more than half of their support
- Since turning 13, both of my parents are deceased, I was in foster care, or a dependent or ward of the court
- I am an unaccompanied homeless youth
- I was in a legal guardianship immediately before turning 18
- I am on active military duty or a veteran of the U.S. armed forces
To successfully complete a Master Promissory Note and/or Entrance Loan Counseling, you must have an FSA ID created. Please follow these directions to create an FSA ID.
- Go to Federal Student Aid
- Select the appropriate tab (“Create an FSA ID” or "Edit my FSA ID")
- Follow the steps