Tiers of Zion Weekday Volunteer Days
Come volunteer with FRCS as they tackle the erosion issues at Tiers of Zion on Lookout Mountain. FRCS will be using a variety of techniques to cut and transport material in difficult terrain in order to build a sustainable path through the talus field towards the Upper Tiers climbing area. Volunteers can expect to participate in quarrying and transport of stone using rigging and traditional methods as well as learning to build using dry stone masonry techniques.
- Volunteers should be prepared for spring/summer time Colorado weather (rain jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses etc.), and bring plenty of water, snacks, and lunch for the day of work.
- This is a moderate to intensive workday. We look to accomodate all skill levels & abilities by working as a team.
- Volunteers will be off trail in steep and uneven terrain the majority of the day.
- Closed-toed shoes/boots and long pants are required for the day of work. Eyewear, and gloves can be provided, but feel free to bring your own gear if you wish.
- Due to the nature of the work we ask that you leave your pets at home.
Our work day generally lasts from 8:00am to 5:00pm. As a volunteer your time commitment is flexible. You are welcome to work anytime within that time window as you wish. We only ask that you let us know your plan ahead of time for planning purposes. After registering for the particular day, we will contact you, request your desired schedule and be able to answer any questions you may have. If a minor, please know that we will need a parent/guardian's signature on some volunteer waiver paperwork. Please contact us if that is the case.
Directions to the worksite:
Tiers of Zion is located uphill from Lookout Mountain Crag on Lookout Mountain Rd. To get there, drive 2.2 miles up Lookout Mountain Rd past the stoplight at 6th Ave. There is a large parking area just pass a sharp, hairpin lefthand turn on the east side of the road. Once parked, cross the street to the west and you will find signage for the Tiers of Zion climbing access trail, follow this trail until it splits and take the left upper trail towards the Upper Tiers climbing area.
Parking area on Google Maps:
Mountain Project page:
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or questions about volunteering on this project.
Thank you so much for your interest in taking care of our climbing resources!
Tiers of Zion Climbing Area
Tiers Of Zion Golden, CO 80401 https://goo.gl/maps/Y7TwEBmLKxeV563b7