Spring 2020 Nurse Re-Entry Program at UHCL Pearland!
EXTERNAL REGISTRATION LINK IS BELOW
Renew your Nursing Career! Faculty from the RN-BSN program at UHCL Pearland are prepared to help RNs return to practice!
Are you a registered nurse who desires to reenter the nursing workforce, or are you a nurse whose Texas license has lapsed after more than 4 years of inactive status? If so, you wish to complete a nursing re-entry course to meet the requirements set by the Texas Board of Nursing. Seasoned faculty in the RN-BSN program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland can help you relaunch your career! Our re-entry program will deliver the essential skills RNs need to meet the content criteria set by the Texas Board of Nursing for successful reinstatement of a Texas nursing license. Enrollment is limited to 12, and registration closes at 5PM on Tuesday, 14 January. Thanks to a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Brazoria County, nurses residing in Brazoria County are eligible for partial scholarship opporutnities. Information on scholarshipping wil be provided at the time of reegistration. Scholarship students must provide verification of residency on the first class day.
UHCL’s Nursing Re-entry Continuing Education course meets the needs of:
- Registered nurses who are applying for reinstatement of a Texas nursing license after being away from the nursing arena for a period of time (typically more than 4 years);
- Registered nurses who are applying for Texas nursing licensure coming from another state who have not been employed as a registered nurse within the last 4 years; and
- Registered nurses who have completed a didactic training module in Austin Community College’s nursing re-entry course who wish to complete the clinical module (“Course 2”) only.
To read about one student's experience completing a nursing re-entry program at UHCL, see
Course One—Didactic, to be completed at UHCL Pearland and online
• T and TH, 21 January-6 March. Face-to-face instruction will take place for 3 or 6 hours, depending on topics, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A culminating face-to-face event will occur on Friday, 6 March.
Course Two—Clinical, to be completed at an area hospital
• M-TH, 9 March -8 May; shifts to be arranged at individual sites
• Cost for Course One, Didactic: $750
• Cost for Course Two, Clinical: $350
•Cost for bundled books (ordering information to be provided at time of registration): $100
NOTE: Thanks to a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Brazoria County, partial scholarships are available for nurses residing in Brazoria County. Tuition discount will be applied at time of registration.
Dr. Karen Alexander, Director, RN-BSN program at UHCL Pearland
Ms. Samantha Rios, Senior Secretary, RN-BSN program at UHCL Pearland
Ms. Christine Paul, Director, Continuing Education, College of Human Sciences and Humanities
Enrollment is limited to 12, and registration closes at 5PM on Tuesday, 14 January. To register, see:
Event photo © American Nurses Association