Somassage® Certification— June 11-14, 2020
Somassage® is a complete myofascial bodywork system that helps people feel great. It focuses and mobilizes energy by releasing muscles and fascia to create more ease of movement. Developed out of Soma Neuromuscular Integration® theories, Somassage® recognizes and works with the unique qualities inherent in each individual structure. This hands-on workshop is open to those who are unlicensed and interested in studying Soma Structural Integration as well as seasoned massage therapists looking to deepen their body mechanics, touch and skill. Upon completion of the course, licensed practitioners will have permission to use the Somassage® trademark, all participants will have the tools to successfully use Somassage® to support others in a signifigant and meaningful way.
Denise Foster Scott CASP, LMT, BCSI, Soma Core Faculty
Jesse Guerrero CASP, LMT, Soma Core Faculty
Concepts that you will Learn:
– Somassage® techniques & theory
– The language of connective tissue in the body
– Compression & suspension mechanics
– How gravity effects the body
– How to recognize holding patterns in the fascial network
– Soma's Holographic Body Reading: an effective structural analysis model
– Soma's Three Brain Model: a body/mind model for client assessment
– How to use Somassage® for treatment specific work
– A protocol for a full 1.5 hour Somassage® session
Class is from 9:00am to 6:00pm each day.
Class will be held either at the Soma Institute in Buckley, WA or on lovely Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound. Both are about 1 hour from Seattle. The town of Langley is about a 1 hour drive and a short ferry ride north of Seattle, WA. More detials and logistical information will be emailed to participants in the Spring.
Cost: $600 (A $150 deposit is required to hold your spot.)
CE Hours: 32 (Live Course Hours)
The Soma Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) 450420-07