Serger 101: Befriending your Overlock Serger!
Gain confidence using your serger with Fashion Designer and Master Sewer, Benson. If you know the basics of serging, you'll now discover how versatile your machine is! Begin with an overview of serger threading and maintenance. Then, learn how to create different types of basic stitches and create a serger stitch book you can reference again and again. For those tricky serger slip-ups, Benson will show you how to troubleshoot common issues like poor tension, skipped stitches, fabric rippling and more.
- Overcome your serging fears by learning all about your serger – how it works, simple threading techniques, and basic construction skills for successful serged projects.
- Learn to select the most appropriate overlock stitch for any type of fabric, whether a delicate woven or a stretchy knit.
- Gain confidence as you learn simple ways to serge curves, corners, and other tricky techniques with ease.
- Make the most of your serger by applying new construction techniques and specialty stitches to create beautiful looks with a professional finish.
Whether you adore or fear your serger – you will love this introductory serger course! A serger is an invaluable tool to have in your sewing studio. It's fabulous for making garment construction quick and easy, and it can even add special decorative touches! Don't let all those threads intimidate you – your serger will be your new best friend.
This course will teach you all you need to become fearlessly proficient in serging. The tools and techniques taught in class guide you through everything from threading basics, to serger garment construction – everything you need to know to use a serger with ease and confidence. Serger 101 will give you the opportunity to practice your serging skills and explore new ones as well. Learn to get the most out of your serger by building a strong foundation through Serger 101. A serger may not entirely replace a sewing machine – but you'll wonder how you ever sewed without one!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has a serger and wants to develop skill and confidence in using it.
- New serger owners wanting to learn about their serger and how to use it.
- Sewing enthusiasts who want to get more out of their serger than just basic construction and seam finishing.
A minimum of 3 students is required for this series. Registration will close at 6pm the day before the series is to begin.
(Booked Classes will be refunded - 30% cancelation fee only in cases of an Emergency)