SAFe Scrum Master with SSM Certification in Oakland
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of the
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
Every Participant Will Receive:
- Coffee and lunch
- Printed course workbooks & PDF training materials
- Two practice exams and exam study guide
- Certificate of completion
- The Scrum Master Certification exam for SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) to be taken at your convenience
- Eligibility to apply for 15 PDUs to help maintain certifications such as PMP, PgMP
- Eligibility to apply for 15 Scrum Alliance SEUs (Category C) upon completion of the course
Darcy Kruse spent the last half decade as an Agile & Lean Coach at Intel where she launched Intel's first eight SAFe agile release trains, and later helped scale the organization up to nearly 30 agile release trains. In addition to being an agile coach, she also worked in the SAFe system as a Release Train Engineer and Scrum Master. She has also been a Team Member on a scrum team in a Product Development Engineer role. She has taught scrum classes to employees of the State of California, HP, Kaiser Permanente, Mercedes-Benz, Google, US Bank, Sony, and Blue Shield of California. Darcy currently teaches Agile courses for UC Berkeley, San Francisco's PMI chapter, corporations, and government organizations. She will share her real world experiences with implementing, continuously improving, and sustaining multiple Scaled Agile Framework implementations in this SAFe class.
"Darcy’s professional experience and training in SAFe was evident in her apparent comfort with and ease of sharing practical experiences related to course materials and contextual discussions throughout the course."
"Great communication ahead and during the course, very well organized, open atmosphere, questions were always welcomed and fully answered."
"Not only was she able to teach the course material perfectly, but was also able to add her past experiences to exemplify the importance of the principles."
"Darcy is a great speaker and really took the time to understand the students current situations and relate the material accordingly."
"Darcy was able to gauge the knowledge level of each course attendee and was able to answer even the most detailed question in a manner that helped every participant."
"Beyond just complete knowledge of the course content, Darcy was able to provide real-world examples and additional context to anchor the material."
"Great instructor. She provided a unique insight to the training and was able to provide validation to the material based on her experience."
"Darcy has real world experience to apply to this course which is really valuable for practical application- she was excellent!"
"Ms. Kruse was clearly a Subject Matter Expert and was able to weave real world examples into the course material which I found invaluable."
Cancelation policy: Full refunds will be issued for cancelations made more than 30 days from the start of the course. For cancellations less than 30 days prior to course start, registrants may contact us to change their registration to another offering.
Notice: If you are booking travel please be sure to book refundable tickets. If 5 or more students do not register for the course, the course will be canceled and you will be notified of cancellation at least 2 weeks prior to class. Sprint Ahead will not be responsible for any canceled airline or hotel reservations.
For group rates, on-site intact training or any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.