Online SAFe® Scrum Master Certification(SSM), Portland, OR
SAFe® Scrum Master 5.0
Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise with SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Certification
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Attending this course prepares individuals to take the SAFe 5 Scrum Master exam to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
In this course attendees will:
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
- What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course to qualify for the exam.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
A SAFe Scrum Master certificate
A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master
A SAFe Scrum Master branding kit with the SSM certification mark
SAFe 5 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $100
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Your ticket also pays for a SAFe workbook, exam fee, and lunch.
Our Scaled Agile Framework certification classes are available every weekend .For more dates and cities please look under More Events From This Organizer or click on Lean Agile Hub to see the list of upcoming classes
Full refunds will be issued for cancelations made more than 30 days from the start of the course. For cancellations less than 30 days prior to course start, registrants may contact us to change their registration to another offering.
Notice: If you are booking travel please be sure to book refundable tickets. If 4 or more students do not register for the course, the course will be canceled and you will be notified of cancellation prior to class. We will not be responsible for any canceled airline or hotel reservations.