Webster Public Library is a Library of the Monroe County Library System.
The Webster Public Library began in 1929 as a single room in the high school building with 657 books, 365 borrowers, and a circulation of 6,246.
In 1957 the library moved to the Emil Reitz building on Main Street in the Village of Webster, and in 1959 the library relocated, once again, to a new facility in a wing of the Town Hall on Ridge Road.
In 1975, a library was built at 1 Van Ingen Drive, located behind the Town Hall complex.
In May 2002, the library moved to its current location in Webster Plaza with a south facing entrance. In 2016, the entrance was moved to the north side of the building with dedicated parking for library patrons. WPL currently has an inventory over 241,000 items and nearly 350,000 people visiting the library on an annual basis. Webster Library is among the highest of resident library card holders with 36,163 library cards issued and a circulation of 1.5 million items.
We enhance our community's intellectual and creative pursuits by providing expertise in combination with an eclectic collection. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service at the greatest value in a comfortable and inclusive environment.
Make sure your information is up to date. Plus use our free tools to find new customers.