0 Events 0 Followers
700 Mission St, San Miguel, 93451, CA, United States
Historical Museum and Gift Shop Located on the original San Miguel Mission property which was sold to William Reed and Petronillo Rios in 1846 by Governor Pio Pico. Using indian labor, Senor Rios constructed the two-story building as a hacienda for his family. From 1860-1886 this building was used as an inn and stage stop on the road from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Later it was used by various establishments. It gradually fell into deterioration. In 1964 the County of San Luis Obispo purchased the property. Major construction was completed in 1972. In 1978, the adobe, museum and gift shop were opened.