Authentic Yoga and Meditation studio with knowledgable instructors who support your unique practice wherever you may be on your yogic journey.
-----> Hours of Operation:
The studio is open 15 minutes before an after each class.
To obtain the most up-to-date schedule please visit our website:
Drop In Fees:
90 Minute Single Class Drop-In $16
60 Minute Single Class Drop-In $12
Student/ Senior Drop-In for 60 & 90 Minutes Classes $12
(Seniors are 62 years of age and over. Students with a valid I.D.)
Class Passes (Can be purchased in person or at our Online Store)
3 Class Pass $40 (Expires in 30 Days. $13.33 per class)
5 Class Pass $70 (Expires in 90 days. $14 per class)
10 Class Pass $130 (Expires in 90 days. $13 per class)
20 Class Pass $240 (Expires in 90 days. $12 per class)
Unlimited Monthly Pass $150 (Expires in 30 Days.)
One Hour 5 Pass $55 (Can only be used for 1 Hour Classes. Expires in 90 days. $11 per class.)
Student/Senior Discount Class Passes (Can be purchased in person or at our Online Store)(Seniors are 62 years of age and over. Students with a valid I.D.)
Student/ Senior 5 Pass $56 (Expires in 90 days. $11.20 per class)
Student/ Senior 10 Pass $104 (Expires in 90 days. $10.40 per class)
Specialty Class Sessions:
Introduction to Yoga $60 Pre-register here.
Private/ Small Group Instruction click here.
**Pay what you can option:
A few of our classes have a "pay what you can" option. For these classes if you aren't able to pay the normal rate, you may make a donation. The suggested donation is $10 and the minimum to attend the class is $5. These classes may not be reserved in advance and payment must be in cash. We try to make Yoga accessible to everyone while respecting the time and energy our teachers put into their classes. Please be honest about what you can give.
-----> Levels and formats:
Yoga is intended to be practiced daily, either in class or on your own. We recommend at least one weekly class to help maintain a safe and effective home practice. All yoga classes increase strength and flexibility, but some classes may be better suited to your needs than others. The following is a key to help you decide which class best suits your goals. If you would like more help in assessing which classes are right for you, feel free email us. Students who attend 2-3 classes per week will see real transformation!
We level our classes according to challenge and while each teacher interprets this a little differently and we recommend trying a few instructors, this key should help you find the right place for you to begin:
▪ Basics/ Introduction to Yoga= I'm new to yoga or simply looking for a gentler practice. You may also consider visiting our Introduction to Yoga page.
▪ Level 1= Similar to Basics with focus on breathwork and alignment. I have some yoga experience, feel comfortable making modifications to suit the poses I am still working on, and want to continue to expand my practice.
▪ Level 1-2 = I have become a regular yoga practitioner and am looking for some challenge, but still enjoy working on alignment and with more detail. This class may include work on building steady inversions, moving towards a half or full lotus, and preparing for simpler hand balances.
▪ Level 2= I am a solid yoga practitioner, practice a variety of poses including working towards freestanding inversions, half and full lotus variations, more challenging hand balances and backbends. I'm looking to challenge myself in new ways. May not be appropriate for beginners, those who are working with an injury, or Pre/Post Natal women.
▪ Level 2-3 = I am an experienced practitioner with a regular practice attending a few classes per week. I'm attuned to my body and prepared to self-modify. I'm looking for lots of challenge. I'm prepared for half and full lotus variations, strong backbends, unsupported inversions, and challenging hand balances. This class is not be appropriate for beginners, those who are working with an injury, or Pre/Post Natal women.
Do any of these descriptions sound familiar?
I'm a beginner.
Consider: Basics or Introduction to Yoga
I want something more gentle.
I want to challenge myself, but may still feel a little nervous.
Consider: Hatha, Levels 1-2 (see above)
I love to move and sweat.
Consider: Vinyasa, Levels 1-3 (see above)
I am interested in Yoga as a lifestyle which includes a Meditation practice.
Consider: Candlelight Yoga and Meditation or Community Meditation
I am pregnant.
Consider: Prenatal Yoga
Chi-Town Shakti is a Shambhava Yoga™ Affiliate Center, part of the extended family of Shambhava Yoga. We are committed to this lineage of yoga and have been given the blessing of Sri Shambhavananda to share these authentic teachings with you. When you connect with us, you are tapping into a reservoir of spiritual energy and a vibrant community of practitioners that can serve you along the path of your growth.
In 2008, a small group of our practitioners opened the doors of Chi-Town Shakti led by it’s owners husband and wife team Akaram and Bhakti White. The group had dreamed of having their own space to explore this ancient tradition of Yoga in a present practice. Their hard work combined with heart work has created a space where the energy just feels special. The studio stands as a unique gem in the Chicago Yoga community offering a depth of experience that comes from the dedicated practitioners who not only teach, but truly live the practice of Yoga. Come visit us and experience for yourself what our teachers, classes, workshops and events can offer along your Yogic path!