NYC Korematsu Day Celebration
Inaugural celebration of Fred T. Korematsu Day of Civil Liberties and the Constitution in New York City! Join us as we hear from politicians, scholars, and activists to discuss this important milestone.
The program will honor Fred Korematsu as a civil liberties role model, recognize the efforts of allies who worked on the campaign to make this important day a reality, and bring attention to Korematsu's legacy and its relevance to issues today.
Speakers and Panelists -
- Karen Korematsu, Fred T. Korematsu Institute
- Daniel Dromm, City Council Member, District 25 (Jackson Heights and Elmhurst)
- Dr. Debbie Almontaser, President Muslim Community Network
- Julie Azuma, Founding member New York Day of Remembrance Committee, Vice President, JAANY (The Japanese American Association of New York), Board of Governors, Japanese American National Museum
- Youth from the Asian American Student Advocacy Project, CACF: Coalition for Asian American Children & Families
- Albert Cahn, Legal Director, CAIR-New York
Moderated by Rocky Chin, Esq.
Civil Rights/Social Justice Advocate
Asian/Pacific/American Institute at NYU
New York Day of Remembrance
JACL - New York Chapter
Fred T. Korematsu Institute
NYU APALSA (Asian-Pacific American Law Student's Assn)
JAANY (The Japanese American Association of New York)
JAJA (Japanese Americans and Japanese in America)
CACF: Coalition for Asian American Children & Families
Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
Asian American Federation
Center for Constitutional Rights
Japanese American National Museum
Rainbow Parents of API PFLAG
NQAPIA (National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance)
Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Film Center at NYU
36 E 8th St, New York, 10003, NY, United States
Make sure your information is up to date. Plus use our free tools to find new customers.