Northeast PA Environmental Advocacy Workshop
Presented by Trout Unlimited, Brodhead Watershed Association, and Friends of Cherry Valley and featuring PennFuture and Brodhead Trout Unlimited.
Join fellow environmental advocates at the Cherry Valley National Wildlife Refuge on May 12 from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm for an introductory workshop to 21st century advocacy tools.
Following the event, please join us for a free barbecue hosted by the organizers!
US Fish and Wildlife will be offering a guided hike for children during the event so feel free to bring them along!
This event is family friendly and open to the general public. There is no cost to attend.
9:30-10:00 AM: Registration, coffee and Networking
10:00-10:15 AM: Introductions and intention setting (Bob Heil, Brodhead Watershed Association)
10:15-10:45 AM: Advocacy 101 (Ann Foster, Brodhead TU)
10:45-11:30 AM: Breakout session 1 - Methods and Applications
1) Public Comments: How, What, Where, When, Why? (Pat Kennedy, retired professor)
2) So you want to meet your elected official? (Emily Rinaldi, PennFuture)
3) Media Outreach in the 21st Century (Dave Kinney, Trout Unlimited)
11:30-12:15 PM :Break out session 2 - Theory to Practice
1) Making public comments (Pat Kennedy)
2) Mock meetings with public officials (Emily Rinaldi)
3) Telling your story (Dave Kinney)
12:15-12:30 PM: Applications and Next Steps
12:30-2:00 PM: Post event barbecue (on site and free of charge to all attendees)
Cherry Valley National Wildlife Refuge
Croasdale Road 2138, Stroudsburg, 18360, Pennsylvania, United States