Mental Health Providers Peer Supervision and Consultation Meeting
counseling speaks is a holistic counseling, consultation, coaching, supervision, and psychoeducational clinic that continually strives to enhance the mental health and overall well-being of individuals. counseling speaks embraces diversity and works within the community to promote a welcoming environment for all. Our multi-lingual staff is committed to providing a warm, safe, and welcoming environment for all clients that promotes a positive and healthy lifestyle.
1st Wednesday of Every Month 1:30-3 PM. Registration is required.
Good Therapy suggests that In the past, mental health providers were taught to seek clinical consultation opportunities only if they had issues providing effective treatment to a particular individual. Today, ongoing participation in a clinical consultation is a common standard of practice in the mental health field.
Many professionals find that joining a peer consultation group is helpful. Benefits of professional consultation groups may include:
1. Getting business tips and advice from therapists in your area
2. Improving or refining your clinical skills
3. Developing new therapeutic techniques and perspectives
4. Getting and giving suggestions on how to handle difficult therapeutic cases
5. Receiving feedback on ethical issues
6. Receiving emotional support from colleagues
7. Enhancing your referral network by building relationships with other professionals
8. Keeping up-to-date with local mental health resources
In consultation groups, there is typically more peer-to-peer interaction than during clinical supervision. Rather than working exclusively with a supervisor, you interact with your colleagues in a less formal setting. You are not required to follow the advice you receive, and you retain the legal responsibility for any suggestions you employ in your practice.
Join us for our Monthly Meetings to enhance your clinical skills and be the best mental health provider you can be.
155 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, 60601, IL, United States