Making the "Ask" with Confidence - 2020
In this highly informative and interactive workshop, Ken Miller president of Denali Fundraising will be presenting on how to effectively and successfully make the in-person “ask” of the potential donor. With the present condition of the fundraising landscape it is ever more important to have the skill and confidence to personally ask an individual donor for support of your nonprofit and its mission.
Open to development professionals, nonprofit staff, board members and volunteers this presentation will include demonstrations, practice modules, role playing and breakout groups. It will include:
- An overlook at the present fundraising environment
- Challenges presently facing Alaska nonprofits
- Overview of best practices for multi-channel fundraising income
- General principles of individual giving programs
- Fundamentals of asking – offline and online asks
- The importance of the “Thank You” meeting
- How to effectively make the “Thank You” meeting
- Who to ask and who should make the ask
- How to set up the “Ask” meeting
- How to follow up the “Ask” meeting
Full participation in workshop is applicable for 3 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. Cost is only $30 for this information packed workshop.