Whether you wear them to exercise or just to go out, learn to create your own pair of custom leggings.
In this workshop, Fashion Designer and Master Sewer, Benson Roberts, will walk you through the process of making your own pair of custom knit leggings to get your perfect fit and style. These are fun to make, and you'll come away with the know-how,You'll also gain greater knowledge of knit fabrics to feel confident when shopping for future projects - for you or to give as gifts.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Working with knit fabrics
- Working with a pattern
- Adjusting a pattern
- Pattern placement (to make sure nothing odd shows up in an unfortunate place on your leggings)
- Pinning fabric to patterns in preparation for cutting and when and how not to
- Pattern cutting
- How to sew a crotch (U-curve)
- Piecing together legs
- Stitches on your machine that are suitable for sewing knits
- Hemming knit fabrics
- Attaching a waistband
- Appropriate stitches for finishing edges with just a sewing machine.
This class is for anyone who already knows how to sew, or the confident beginner who knows how to use a sewing machine, serger and basic sewing techniques. If you're new to sewing or want a refresher to get you ready for this project, check out the Sewing 101 or the in-depth Serging 101 courses.
MATERIALS TO BRING
- 4-way stretch knit fabric with at least 50% stretch (at least 54" or 60" wide) We have wonderful knit fabric in the store for you to purchase before you class.
- Jersey / Ballpoint / Stretch machine needles
- Sewing kit: pins, scissors, snips, thread, extra needles, fabric markers, etc.
- Your sewing machine and serger
A minimum of 3 students is required for this series. Registration will close at 6pm the day before the series is to begin.
(Booked Classes will be refunded - 30% cancelation fee only in cases of an Emergency)