Jack London Square Brew and 'Que Oakland Food Tour
Explore the food, history, art and culture of the great city of Oakland with a guided walking tour through Jack London Square!
Explore what National Geographic says is one of the top cities in the world to visit!
On this tour, walk along the East Bay’s waterfront and say “cheers!” to the heritage of Jack London Square, the historic warehouse district and the newly founded Jack London Brewing District.
We’ll take you to four stops where you’ll satisfy your tastebuds and enlighten your cultural soul. You’ll not only be immersed with the local food and spirits scene, but also the community of artists that make up the unique flavor of Oakland. They don’t call us the “Brooklyn of the West” for nothing!
Visit four+ filling tastings as part of this “progressive lunch” experience with demonstrations from area professionals highlighting the area’s local deliciousness.
- Lick your lips on a filling down-home BBQ family-style feast from the best barbecue in Oakland for the last 40 years.
- Say cheers to the newly established Jack London Brewing District as you enjoy a taste of local brew from one of USA Today‘s Top 10 Best New Breweries in America. (Guest must be over 21 years of age.)
- Sink your teeth into Taiwanese homemade potstickers from a fun new Oakland pop-up, or enjoy a hearty sandwich or alternative from a neighborhood veteran celebrating a sense of community in the historic Warehouse district.
- Finish your tour with fan-favorite pizza and a unique appetizer dish while relaxing with an optional glass of wine and enjoy the flavors, sunshine and waterfront views unique to Oakland.
*Tasting selections subject to change without notice
DIETARY NEEDS: On this tour we can accommodate vegetarians and lactose intolerance. Substitutions can be made for guests who do not eat pork. For guests with nut sensitivity, nuts are not found within our pastry selection, but are produced in a bakery that does use nuts and nut oils. Guests with celiac disease may find this tour difficult.
If you'd like, you can start your tour from San Francisco's Ferry Building at 10 AM, where you'll enjoy additional tastings and a picturesque 30-minute ferry ride as you make your way to Oakland.
For guests joining us in San Francisco, your guide will meet you at San Francisco’s Ferry Building where you’ll start your tour with a flavorful and filling taste of an award-winning Oakland original. You’ll then continue across the Bay on board the San Francisco Bay Ferry, enjoying breathtaking views of Alcatraz Island, the San Francisco Bay, Ferry Building Marketplace and Bay Bridge.
VIP UPGRADE PACKAGE
*Want to add some additional “spirit” to your food tour? Select the VIP tour option for only $20 more:
- Glass of crisp and refreshing “saucy” ale made only for Oakland’s best barbeque.
- Flight of four tasters of brew made by one of USA Today‘s Top 10 New Breweries in America.
- Your choice of house red or white wine to enjoy at our last stop.
- Local Food Adventures tote bag perfect for carrying the amazing eats you discover along the way
By selecting our VIP tour option you swear and affirm that you are over the age of 21.