Ed Harrold's 25-Hour Breath AS Medicine LIVE Webinar Training
Designed For: Physicians, Nurses, Dentists, Hygienists, Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Wellness Coaches and Physical Therapists
We are thrilled to partner with George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences as our CME Provider.
CE: Continuing Education Credits are available. See below for CME, CEC & CEU.
Intentional Yoga Breathing is a highly effective tool for both the prevention of illness as well as therapy for managing and/or reversing existing chronic illness. This training is specifically designed for professionals and practitioners who want to learn the art & science of yoga breathing as a self-care, patient care and patient education practice in prevention, lifestyle medicine, behavior change and supplement to conventional care.
Yoga Breathing (or Pranayama) is the science of learning to control the breath for various physiologic, biochemical, biomechanical and psychological outcomes overlooked in current health, fitness and wellbeing programs. As the research affirms, the therapeutic benefits of Yoga Breathing (or Pranayama) reveal itself through the positive effects on our Central/Autonomic/Enteric Nervous Systems, Immune, Digestive, Cardiovascular, Brain & Neuroendocrine systems. Through evidence-based concepts & research, our training seeks to foster collaboration among healthcare professionals in mind/body medicine by implementing "breath as medicine" to reduce stress, build resilience and improve patient health outcomes.
“If I had to limit my advice on healthier living to just one tip, it would be simply to learn how to breathe correctly.” ~Dr. Andrew Weil
Goals & Objectives:
- Enhance the professional knowledge and skills of each participant on the role of proper respiration through yoga breathing within healthcare & disease management, prevention & lifestyle, stress reduction, dental & sleep medicine, fitness and exercise.
- Explain how yoga breathing techniques influence various systems and organs in the body including:
- Central, Autonomic, Periphreal & Enteric Nervous Systems
- The role of the Diaphragm Muscle with proper breathing
- Heart Rates & Respiration Rates (breathing patterns)
- Heart Rate Variability
- Digestive, Endocrine, Autoimmune & Brain function as it relates to breathing
- Vagus Nerve & Vagal Tone
- Perfect posture, core stabilization and mindful movement pattern
- Provide yoga breathing practices for self care, self regulation, patient care and patient education.
- Provide participants with the tools to incorporate mindful breathing into their area of expertise for optimal health and well-being.
Teaching strategies include lecturing, discussing, analyzing current research, completing hands-on exercises and practice teaching sessions.
- History and philosophy of Pranayama (the science of breath regulation)
- Yoga Breathing Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
- Introduce Basic, Intermediate and Advanced yoga breathing techniques
- 3-part Breath (Dirgha)
- Ocean sounding breath (Ujjay)
- Breath retentions (Kumbhaka)
- Incremental Breathing
- Fire Breathing (Agni Sara)
- Power Breathing (Kapalabhati)
- Alternate Nostril Breathing (Nadi Shodhana
- Alternate nostril breathing with retention (Anuloma Viloma)
- Explain health benefits and contraindications
- How, When, Why To Apply Breath As A Therapeutic Tool
- For symptom & disease management
- As a self-care tool for reducing stress & building resilience
- Balancing Ultradian Rhythms with Yoga Nidra & Brain Breaks
- Correct sleep, raising energy, improve levels of concentration/clarity/memory
- Improving negative habitual patterns of thought and behavior
- For nasal dominance in exercise
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to incorporate yoga breath & breathing sequences within clinical areas of expertise
- Incorporate daily self care routines to reduce stress and relieve burnout while building resilience
- Provide patient education and self care routines to improve health outcomes and patient wellbeing
- Demonstrate lifestyle patterns of behavior based in long-term health & wellness
- Recognize the importance of balancing our autonomic nervous system for optimal health, sleep, fitness and wellbeing
2.5 CEC credits with The American Council on Exercise (ACE)
23 CME credits w. George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences. CME is available for physicians and physician assistants. ALL other attendees will receive a Certificate Of Attendance with Contact Hours to submit to your governing boards for CE consideration.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The George Washington University School of Medicine and Go Be Great. The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 23 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
3:00 pm to 5:30 pm Mondays 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm (8 consecutive weeks)
A full refund will be granted to those cancelling prior to September 7, 2019. No refund will be granted without a written notice of cancellation. No refunds will be granted to those cancelling 30 days prior to scheduled training. A $50 administration fee will be applied to all refunds.
This training is being delivered via GoToWebinar. The training will run on Monday evenings from 3:00pm to 5:30pm MST for 8 consecutive weeks. Upon completion of the training, each participant will be required to take a written exam which will be emailed to each participant on the last day of the training. In addition, each participate will be required to submit a 30-minute demonstration video of yourself teaching a Breath As Medicine class to a group. Certificates of Completion AND Continuing Education Credits will ONLY be awarded to those who:
- Participate in EACH webinar
- Submit the completed exam
- Submit their demonstration video
LIVE Webinar Training
Highland Drive, Draper, Utah, United States of America