WED - "Gestural Self-Expression" with Kristen Ide
Theme: "Gestural Self-Expression"
Resident Instructor: Kristen Ide
Creativity and self expression is essential for everyone. This is about whatever YOUR marks are. This is about your self expression and deep experimentation.
In this session, discover the language of mark making, what it means to go with the "flux," and how post-war abstract expressionism birthed the idea of expressing the unconscious through gestural expression and mark making.
Learn to trust yourself and the intelligence of your body where you express without thinking…without editing…without trying to make it look like something. It is pure energy coming through your body onto the surface that is unique to only you, your experiences, your emotions and physiology.
I’d like to invite you to take risks in your art, to notice the fear and the inner critic—and allow yourself to go ahead anyway.
- Any acrylic paints (heavy body or fluid consistency)
- Any brushes you have on hand (including any bristle chip brushes and silicone tools)
- Any drawing supplies you have on hand (Stabillo Woodies, Neocolor II crayons, carbon squares, XL graphite, XL charcoal, Maribu Art Crayons, colored pencils, etc…)
- 1 large canvas or wood panel in any size/shape that’s over 36” and under 60”
- a palette of any kind
- quality paper towels, like Blue Shop or Viva
You know the drill...bring it all! :)
• Cost $199 (6 classes)
• Wednesdays AM, 10:30am-1:30pm
• For intermediate painters
• Student parking available in back lot