Choosing a Treatment Program: Pitfalls, Best Practice, and Ethics.
When individuals with substance use, mental health, and other disorders need a higher level of care, linking them to programs that provide a full continuum of care is essential. There are so many different programs, and navigating the myriad of options for treatment can be stressful, time consuming, and overwhelming.
Knowing what to look for in a solid, ethical, treatment program and provider is key. How to know if a program is any good? There are many pitfalls and considerations when choosing a program, and what does an effective program include. Ethical practice for placing individuals in programs will be discussed.
Unethical practices, such as body brokering, will be discussed.
- Characteristics of effective treatment programs.
- Do's and don'ts when selecting a program.
- What is a full continuum of care?
- Importance of Case Management Services and Aftercare Planning.
- Resources for providers who are trying to locate treatment options.
- The role of an interventionist and recovery coach.
- Differences in levels of care: Detox, Residential, inpatient, PHP, IOP, and OP.
- Support Services for the long-term: Recovery Coaching, Monitoriing, Transitional Living, Recovery Residence, Sober Living - What does it all mean? When is it needed? How to match clients to services
Presenter: Kristine Nutt, LCSW, LCAS
LUNCH INCLUDED - SPACE IS LIMITED
Maggiano's Little Italy
16405 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, 85254, AZ, United States