CFA Open House 2019
Registration begins at 8:30 am
Hello, there. Congrats on your admission to the University of Kentucky. We want to show you what life at the College of Fine Arts is really like. Please join us on campus for parent sessions, department workshops, Q&As, and facility tours. Plus, you can shadow students in afternoon classes and rehearsals. Visit with faculty, students, and alumni and walk on the creative side.
Parking Structure 5 and pull a ticket at the gate. It is less than a 10-minute walk from the parking garage to the Gatton Student Center. At check-in, we will give you a parking voucher you'll use to exit the garage.
8:30 - 9 am: REGISTRATION (Gatton Student Center Ballroom A)
9 - 10:30 am: DEPARTMENT WORKSHOPS
9 - 10:30 am: PARENTS SESSION (Gatton Student Center Ballroom A)
- Parents will attend a short presentation and then have the opportunity to ask any questions they have for administration, staff, and current students. Afterward, parents are welcome to join in and observe department workshops.
10:30 - 11 am: DEPARTMENT Q&A
- Same location as department workshops. Parents and incoming students are welcome to participate.
11 - 11:30 am: CFA and SAVS FACILITY TOURS
- Students and parents will tour College of Fine Arts facilities and then congregate in Champions Kitchen for lunch.
11:30 am - 12:30 pm: LUNCH
- You will enjoy an all-you-can-eat lunch at UK's newest dining facility,
Champions Kitchen, located in the new Student Center. You will receive a wristband at check-in which will serve as your lunch pass.
12:30 - 1 pm: CREATIVE ARTS LIVING LEARNING PROGRAM TOUR
- Students and parents will meet outside Champions Kitchen to tour the Creative Arts Living Learning Program facilities and Holmes Residence Hall.
If you've signed up for a tour, portfolio review, or rehearsal observation following lunch, you'll receive info in your registration packet about meeting locations.
Registration Deadline: February 18
University of Kentucky Gatton Student Center
160 Avenue of Champions, Lexington, 40506, KY, United States