Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) course is an immersion into the ScrumMaster role with hands-on activities teaching how to build high-performing Agile teams and optimize your effectiveness using Scrum.
“The class was absolutely fabulous. Brad was very knowledgeable. He is one of the best instructors I’ve met in my 30+ year career.”
– Doug Hall, Sr. Integration Manager
Why choose Brad Swanson and Agility 11?
- We have 10+ years of real-world experience in successful Agile transformations at organizations from 10 to 2000 people
- Interactive, hands-on learning – not boring slides
- Practical tools and techniques you can apply immediately
- Our participants love the class, with an average rating of 9 out of 10
What you’ll learn:
- Agile values & principles – how to make them serve as your guide
- The Scrum framework – how all the pieces fit together
- The Scrum roles: Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Development team
- The Responsibilities – and mindset - of the ScrumMaster
- Several techniques to effectively facilitate the various Scrum meetings
- Ways to help your team manage a product backlog and their daily tasks
- Leveraging user stories for better feature definition (requirements)
- Techniques to have high-impact Retrospectives for process improvement
- How to identify and manage impediments & roadblocks
- A framework and tools for coaching a team to high performance
- Long-range product forecasting and estimating methods – the Lean-Agile way
- Real-world lessons in scaling Scrum for large organizations
What our participants are saying:
“Awesome. Very engaging.” -- Shavaughn Swain
“Course was very interactive and engaging. It was great having an instructor with such a breadth of knowledge and enthusiasm for Scrum/Agile with no hidden agendas or slant toward any software products. Brad's style is very approachable, informative, and was more like a coach helping us to learn by first providing the information, then using activities to help reinforce what we just learned. I would recommend this course and instructor to anyone.” – Mary Trotter
“I still recall my agility training in Denver from several years ago. It was monumental for my career development, and I continue to be very grateful and fortunate for the opportunity.” – Britta Eriksen, M.A.
- Early Bird: $200 discount off the regular price for early registration
- Groups: $100 per person discount for 3 or more people
- Military: $500 discount for troops making the transition to civilian work
Onsite training for your team:
- Scrum Alliance CSM Exam fees
- Two years of Scrum Alliance membership
- High-quality printed workbook
- Electronic copies of all course material
- Breakfast, lunch, and coffee
Participants earn 15 PDUs for the PMI, which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) designations.
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel at least 7 calendar days before the course starts. Within 7 days, we offer 100% credit toward a future course from Agility 11, or a $200 cancellation fee.
This class will fully prepare you to pass the CSM exam, administered by the Scrum Alliance as an online, one-hour timed exam. The exam fee is included in your course registration. Course attendance and passing the exam are both required to earn the CSM certification.
Who should attend
Anyone in an Agile organization should attend!
The course teaches Scrum & Agile fundamentals, advanced practices, and the role of ScrumMaster. It also provides a great foundation of knowledge and skills for anyone who is part of an Agile organization, or an organization making a transition to Agile process and Scrum.
Applicable roles for this course include:
- Current and aspiring ScrumMasters
- Project Managers
- Department and Functional Managers
- Organizational change agents and Coaches
- Project Team members (technical or non-technical)
- Developers, Testers & other technical team members
- Team Leads and Technical Leads
- Executives and Managers
- Sales people inside or alongside an Agile Organization
- Anyone else working in an Agile organization…