Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) - Malvern, PA by DailyAgile and Agileforall
Certified Agile Leadership (CAL)
Course Title: Certified Agile Leadership (CAL)
Trainer: Peter Green
Course Dates: Tue/Wed, 2-3-Oct-2018
Regular price: US$2500/-
Early bird price: US$2300/ (ends on 2nd Sep-2018)
Super early bird price: US$2100/ (ends on 2nd Aug-2018)
Location: Penn State Great Valley University, 30 E Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA-19355. Directions:
Take your Agile Leadership to the next level with one of the creators of the Certified Agile Leadership® program.
Agile is not just for teams – it helps leaders get better results across the organization. Bonus: less personal burnout.
Expand your capability—and that of your senior management team—to lead an engaged organization in today’s rapidly changing business environment. Become a certified Agile leader and discover how you can harness the benefits of Agile, Lean and other creative organizational approaches to achieve healthy business growth in the midst of unpredictable challenges—without burning out or sacrificing your personal life.
Work with one of the three leadership experts invited by the Scrum Alliance to create the Certified Agile Leadership® program.
In just two-and-a-half days, you’ll explore the best information and scientific research from multiple fields of study to learn how effective leadership helps you achieve your purpose with the flexibility to capitalize on the strengths of your organization.
As part of your preparation for this intensive workshop with DailyAgile and Agile For All, you’ll complete the Leadership Circle 360 Evaluation by asking colleagues in your organization to fill out a short feedback survey on your leadership effectiveness. Then, during the workshop, you’ll debrief your results with our Leadership Circle coach. As you uncover personal tendencies that helped you reach your current leadership level but now may hold you back from even greater success, you’ll identify opportunities for personal improvement that can serve as a catalyst for change.
Throughout the program, you’ll also appreciate DailyAgile and Agile for All’s brain-friendly training style—based on the science of adult learning—that employs interactive experiences in a collaborative setting.
With successful course completion, you achieve the designation of Certified Agile Leader®.
Additional Course Benefits
The Leadership Circle 360 Evaluation and Debrief, a $500 value
- Two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- Access to free Scrum and Agile resources
Professional Development Units (PDU) for PMPs
Project management professionals can get 18 PDUs for this CAL course.
Pls watch short video:
Why This Course?
The CAL Executive Program helps leaders address the complex challenges of today’s business environment. While a basic understanding of how Scrum works is helpful for senior leaders, they don’t need to know how to do Backlog Refinement or how to run a Daily Scrum Meeting. We spent years working with executives and senior leaders to distil what is most important for them to understand and to do to unlock the potential of Agile teams. Based on this experience, the CAL program covers:
- The basics of Scrum and Agile (an optional module depending on the leaders’ experience)
- The economic factors that led to the emergence of Agile and related approaches
- A well-researched cultural lens that allows leaders to customize their agile approach to the goals and values of their organization
- Organizational Patterns:
Eight shifts, based on dozens of real case studies, made by next-generation Agile Organizations.
- The organizational structures, policies, approaches to change, and practices used by the case study organizations to unlock the power of individuals and teams
- Agile Approaches to Change:
- The four ground conditions for successful organizational change
- The most successful tools to meet those ground conditions in an Agile way
- Individual Leadership Development:
- The most complete leadership model in existence today (the
- Included is a 360 evaluation for each attendee based on the Leadership Circle model, with a follow-up 90-minute debrief. This allows leaders to “be the change” that they wish to see in the organization.
- The most complete leadership model in existence today (the
Previous Attendees Comments:
Work with one of the creators of the Certified Agile Leadership® (CAL) program. Based on his experience as a leader and coaching other leaders, the Scrum Alliance asked Peter Green to join the small team that created this certification.
Throughout the program, you’ll also appreciate DailyAgile and Agile For All’s brain-friendly training style—based on the science of adult learning—that employs interactive experiences in a collaborative setting.
The in-person public course spans two days and includes both pre-work related to the Context sections, and post-workshop follow-up coaching on the Individual Leadership Development sections.
Private, in-house versions of this program can be delivered across multiple half day sessions, four to six weeks apart, to accommodate the busy schedule of most executives. We’ve found this to be a powerful approach, as it allows practice and review of each topic area with follow up coaching between the 1/2 day sessions.
We are so certain you’ll receive value from this workshop that we offer a no questions asked money-back guarantee.
With successful course completion, you achieve the Certified Agile Leader® Credential 1.
Course Topics & Learning Objectives :
Merge Agile approaches into your leadership style. Whether your organization applies Agile at the team level or you’re just getting your feet wet with an Agile framework, this Certified Agile Leadership® course will help you improve your ability to:
- Describe the origins of Agile and how it helps organizations thrive in complexity
- Apply an Agile approach to change
- Stay competitive in a continually evolving national and global marketplace
- Structure your organization according to principles of organizational agility, instead of silos, to better align efforts
By the end of our time together, you’ll be able to:
- Appreciate how to lead effectively amid uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change
- Demonstrate knowledge of Agile values, approaches, and practices
- Identify more creative solutions to leadership and organizational challenges through increased self-awareness, a mindset of growth, and the ability to engage with others
- Align and empower teams to deliver more customer value
- Personally, integrate feedback and experiments into your leadership style
- Create a personal plan for the future
- Use a simple leadership language pattern that leads directly to higher autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Take a collaborative, continuous-improvement approach to organizational effectiveness
- Encourage change in others and facilitate organizational change
About the Course Facilitator
Certified Scrum Trainer® and leadership coach Peter Green spent a decade leading the Agile transformation at Adobe that influenced the teams behind their flagship products, including Photoshop, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Premier Pro. Collaborating with Adobe’s directors and senior managers, he trained and coached internal teams to effectively use Agile and Scrum—a move that provided the catalyst for Adobe’s groundbreaking business transition to subscription-based services such as Creative Cloud and Document Cloud. Then, Peter’s additional hands-on work with Adobe’s C-suite leadership helped address major organizational structure and cultural issues from an Agile perspective. In addition to his work as an Agile transformation trainer and coach at Agile For All, Peter holds certification with the Leadership Circle as a trainer and administrator of the 360 Evaluation. Admired at all stakeholder levels—from executives to product teams—for his hands-on Agile training, Peter works with diverse clients to help them thrive, personally and professionally, in complexity.
Penn State Great Valley Campus, Malvern
30 E Swedesford Rd, Malvern, 19355, PA, United States