Casting Call for “No Smoke 3: The Other Woman”- Poetry Play
Maad Hustle Ent. Presents: NO SMOKE 3: The Other Woman. This is is an adult, drama-filled, poetic play about love, loyalty and infidelity.
Actors/Poets/Comedians: To be considered for this casting call, you must meet or appear to meet the character descriptions for the role you are applying for. There will be a script reading.
If you do not have any poetry experience and you are unable to write an original piece, you will still be considered for the role.
Dancers/Singers/Rappers/Acoustic Musicians: Please prepare to audition with an act that includes the infidelity theme. Your performance would be for entertainment purposes outside of the acting.
Opportunity for payment will be commissioned based on ticket sales.
After selecting a character(s) from the listing below, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the character you are auditioning for, a headshot, and contact information. If you have any additional questions, comments and/or concerns, please reach out via email.
Characters are listed below:
April (Female 21-30 years old)
- Dezi’s girlfriend
- April is very shy and passive. She is young, carefree, and still figuring out life.
- In a committed relationship and is starting to notice her girlfriend, Dezi, is spending less and less time with her.
*Write an original poem about hating side chicks. 3 minutes maximum.
Dezi (Female 25-35 years old)
- April’s girlfriend, Chauntell’s lover
- Dezi is smart, kindhearted and generous. She is mature, successful, and knows what she wants in life.
- Lawyer- Always working because she enjoys buying nice things and spoiling her girl, April. Has unfinished business with a previous relationship with Chauntell.
*Write an original poem about how she found out April was cheating on her. How disappointed she was because she could have been acting out more on her feelings for Chauntell. 3 minutes maximum.
Jerome (Male 25-35 years old)
- April’s lover
- Confident, mature, single and ready to settle down. The perfect gentleman, but lacking in the financial area. Knows about April having a girlfriend but doesn’t take April’s girlfriend, Dezi, seriously because she’s a woman and he’s a man.His main goal is to make April fall for him.
*Write an original poem about falling in love with someone that they can’t be with. 3 minutes maximum.
Bethel (Female 45-60 years old)
- Chauntell’s mother
- Very religious, loving, and honest. Always gives the best advice. Tries to push men and religion on her daughter, Chauntell, because she doesn’t want her to be gay.
*Write an original poem about God’s intention for men and women. 3 minutes maximum.
Victoria (Female 25-35 years old)
- Chauntell’s Best friend
- Victoria is loud and outspoken. The life of the party and always ready for a turn up. Believes that Chauntell is too young to take anyone seriously and should remain single and uncommitted, like her.
*Write an original poem about how fun it is to be single.