#CAPSPROM2020: Oh, Canada!
Due to popular demand, #CAPSPROM is back. It’s prom. It’s Capitals, but prom. And this year, we're celebrating everything Canadian.
Wear that plaid suit you bought as a joke but not really. Wear that gown that you don’t know what to do with but spent too much money to get one wear out of. Wear that flower crown you got at the Renaissance Faire but don’t have any open fields to frolic in. This is your sports nerd Coachella, the dorkiest celebration among friends you know from Twitter but never get the chance to drink with IRL. As a special bonus, #CAPSPROM will feature a design-your-own poutine bar, included in the price of your ticket!
Doors open at 12 noon and the puck drops at 1pm sharp. This event is 21+ only.
Dress Code: This is prom! Wear something to align with the theme, dress up because you never get the opportunity to, get those imaginary clout points by expressing your creativity. Regardless of how weird you get, #CAPSPROM is an all-inclusive, judge-free environment and you’ll never be alone. Think of it as a very cheesy low-budget Met Gala: it’s okay to be low-key but why would you want to be?
Transportation: PQST is three blocks from the Gallery Place metro and mere feet away from the Navy Memorial stop. There is off-street parking and several garages in the area, however, if you do drink please don’t drive.
Tickets: This year, you must be 21+ to attend. Tickets are on sale starting October 5th for $17.50 that include an open poutine bar until 3pm, giveaways, exclusive food and drink specials, and a couple guest appearances.
#CAPSPROM is in no way affiliated with the Washington Capitals, Monumental Sports, or anything else official as this is purely fan-led, for fans, by fans, because we're fans. Remember to immortalize your memories by using #CAPSPROM and/or tagging @CAPSPROM on Twitter and Instagram.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to attend #CAPSPROM?
- Yes, this is a 21+ event only so please bring your ID. The name you registered with must be the same name on your ID.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Indiana Ave has off-street parking in addition to several garages in the surrounding blocks (however, if you drink please do not drive!) The closest metro stops are Gallery Place (green, yellow, & red) and Navy Memorial/Archives (green & yellow).
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @CAPSPROM, or post on the Facebook event group.
Do I have to bring my ticket to the event?
- Yes please! You can save the trees and show it on your phone or print it out. Should you forget, don't panic. We'll have a list of those who bought tickets, just be sure to rendezvous with your group if all tickets are under one name.
Is this event accessible?
- CAPSPROM strives to be all inclusive, meaning you'll never be turned away because of who you are (even if you're a Pens fan). That being said, the venue is generally close quarters, can get crowded in some areas, and has stairs that may make attending difficult for some fans. Please see pennquartersportstavern.com for more information and bar layout.