Candlelight Evenings at the Nixon Library
Toy Trains, Live Music, Holiday Treats and Photos with Santa
December 12th and 19th!
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Please note: The Candlelight Evening scheduled for December 5th has been canceled due to the National Day of Mourning in honor of President Bush.
In the spirit of White House Christmas traditions past and present, the Nixon Library is opening its doors after hours for special Candlelight Evenings for three nights only -- December 12 and 19th.
Included with admission, guests will:
- Explore the special Christmas display, All-Aboard America! featuring three spectacular layouts of model trains whistling over bridges, through snow-capped mountains and stopping in miniature towns and cities.
- Take photos with Santa Claus in President Nixon’s Oval Office! (digital photo included)
- Delight in live music featuring Christmas classics in the magnificent White House East Room
- Take photographs with the beautiful Pat Nixon White House Gingerbread House --- custom-baked to look like President Nixon’s birthplace! Sponsored by the Cookie Element of Yorba Linda.
- Write letters and sign holiday cards for military members serving overseas
- Create festive Christmas ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree
- Decorate sugar cookies and enjoy complimentary hot cocoa
PLUS: Discover the history of America's 37th President in the Nixon Library's award-winning presidential museum galleries.
These special events are a tribute to First Lady Pat Nixon, her legacy of opening the White House to the American people and her love of Christmas.
Live music schedule:
December 5th: Navy Band Southwest
December 12th: Golden State British Brass Band
December 19th: Long Beach City College Evening Wind Symphony
See highlights from last year's Candlelight Evenings:
Adult Admission: $29
Child Admission (5-11): $16
Child Admission (under 5): Free
Member Adult Admission: $20
Member Child Admission: $10
Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Register today to reserve your spot for the special candlelight celebration!
The Richard Nixon Library & Museum
18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard, Yorba Linda, 92886, CA, United States