Beginners Brush Lettering Workshop - San Diego
Join Atiliay at Little Black House at the North End of Little Italy in San Diego to try your hand at brush lettering! This class is for beginners and is perfect if you’ve been curious about modern calligraphy but not sure where to start or just want to get your feet wet! Please see below for more details and view photos from past workshops at
- In this class you will learn how to: use a brush pen, create basic strokes, write the upper and lower case alphabet, letter words, create faux calligraphy, and how to make an acrylic sign. You will also receive tips that will help you on your lettering journey as well as project ideas.
- This workshop is designed to be small and intimate so that each attendee receives one-on-one guidance and personal instruction throughout the class. Space is limited to just 12 attendees.
- You will receive a starter kit that includes a workbook, worksheets, 3 brush pens, a white paint pen, a 5x7 acrylic piece, and a variety of papers.
- No experience is necessary–this workshop is created specifically with beginners in mind.
- After the workshop you will receive helpful links and 50+ practice worksheet PDFs that you can download at home and continue practicing your new skill!
- Letter For A Cause: A portion of proceeds from each ticket will be used to provide 25 meals for children at The Ebongalethu Educare Center Preschool & Nursery that Atiliay sponsors in Motherwell, South Africa.
- Due to the personalized nature of this workshop, there are no refunds. However, you can transfer your ticket to a future event or another person. Transfers may incur a fee of $15 to cover venue rental costs if your seat cannot be filled. Please contact Olivia to arrange.
- Once you complete your transaction, you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite. If you do not receive anything, please contact Olivia to confirm your order went through.
- You will receive a reminder email the week of the workshop. If you do not receive anything by the Thursday before the workshop, please contact Olivia to confirm your seat.