Atlanta WordPress for Beginners Workshop
Are you tired of playing it by ear? Are you ready to get some real processes and structure in place? The hardest part about learning WordPress is knowing where to start!
What should your WordPress website have? Which plugins are necessary? Are there any special setup requirements needed for your business? What does maintaining a WordPress website include?
This workshop was created to help you learn how to navigate through WordPress and equip you with all the information you need to get your site published and keep it maintained.
Is this workshop for you?
This workshop is an introductory course created specificallly for you if you already have a functional website that you want to learn how to maintain and perform basic updates. If you are looking to build a website from scratch, please take a look at one of our more advanced WordPress courses. If you have questions, please call us at 866-874-3647.
During this workshop, we'll discuss...
GETTING STARTED: How to get started building a WordPress website - Sometimes, the hardest part is getting started! We'll go over a checklist of everything you need to do when creating or maintaining a WordPress website from start to finish. Some of the key points we'll discuss include:
- Organizing information for your website
- Publishing and scheduling content in advance
- Your website layout
- How to find the right theme for your website
- Configuring the basics
- Using tags
- WordPress security (additional checklist included)
- SSL certificates
- WordPress maintenance (additional checklist included)
These are real steps and processes that we use EVERYDAY when building professional websites for our clients.
THE DASHBOARD: Learn the WordPress dashboard from top to bottom - You'll know how to comfortably navigate through the dashboard and get a complete understanding of how each feature and function works.
BEST PRACTICES: Everything you need to be effective is here. During this part of the workshop, we'll review...
- Best themes
- Most commonly used plugins
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO for WordPress)
- Troubleshooting WordPress
- Tips on how to maintain and update your WordPress website
- Website copy-writing techniques
- Improving page loading speed
- Website Analytics
- Social sharing
- Managing spam
This workshop is ideal for individuals that have basic computer and internet knowledge.
What to bring?
- Laptop - the class is very hands-on
- Business Cards - workshops are always a great place to network
- Pen/Pad - for taking notes
What does the price include?
- 10% off future workshops conducted by Apex Virtual Solutions
Do you have more than one person attending?
We offer a discounted rate for groups of 2 or more. Contact us at 866-874-3647 for more information.
TAGS: WordPress training, learn WordPress, website design training, business website training