Asheville Celebrates Teachers
Teachers are awesome! It is time to celebrate their awesomeness!
Teachers and support staff from all over are invited to join i.b.mee. (I be me) for the first ever ACT - Asheville Celebrates Teachers 2017: Self-care Extravaganza.
ACT is a day dedicated to honoring, supporting, respecting, and celebrating teachers. You are the Frontline of OUR FUTURE!
You deserve to be pampered! Don't miss out!
Come join us through out the day. Raffle prizes will be drawn 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 8:00pm, 9:00pm.
Every participanting educator will receive A FREE YEARLY DISCOUNT KEY TAG CARD (Value $24.95 with community savings that will keep growing throughout the year). Stay tuned for a list of savings!
Schedule (Everything is FREE to educators)
10:00-11:30am "Rethink Teaching" Panel and Discussion.
Participate in an open discussion of the modern challenges of
teaching and the solutions that could work to support them. Be
a part of the change! It is happening!
(1) Jonathan Bassett - Counselor Mills River Elementary - Previously Johnston Elementary
(2) Keynon Lake - Executive Director My Daddy Taught Me That (3) Kim Marmon-Saxe - Community Partnership Liason, HHS, and Adverse Childhood Experience Leader (4) Corrie Price - Student Empowerment Director -i.b.mee.
(4) Caitlin Johnson - Irwin High School Teacher
(5) College and High School Students and various community teachers
- Is public education working right now? Why or why not?
- What are the biggest challenges of teaching? Why?
- What is being done now to support these challenges? Are these solutions working? Why or why not?
- How can teacher education change to support these challenges?
- How can the overall educational philosophy change to support the challenges?
- What does the future of education look like?
- Open Discussion
Noon - 1:00pm - Mindful Movements and Yoga with Saraswati!
Come relax and learn some simple moves to help you and
also to use in your classroom. Bring a towel or mat but is not
required to participate.
1:30-4:30 - Self-Care Activities
- 8 Chair and Table Massages - Come relax - 15-20 minute sessions. Sign-up there. If no one is in line you can go longer!
- Life and Wellness Coaching- If you have never been coached, it is a treat! You will leave empowered and ready to go!
- Nutritional Counseling - Do you want to change what, why, where or when you eat? Come talk to nutritionist and get a plan for the year, or whatever you want!
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) - A tool you can use on yourself and in the classroom to increase focus and decrease stress. Great for you most challenged students.
- Brain and Body Relaxation Training - Listen to an awesome meditation that helps you relax!
- Fun "Pleasure Readings" with a Life Coach that offers insights into areas of your life that might need some attention.
- Essential Oils - Learn and participate in how oils can calm you and your students down.
- Learn Hula Hooping and Juggling - 2 skills you can do in the classroom that supports brain and body health.
-Empowerment Art - Leave with a dose of empowerment to put on your bulletin board at school.
7:00PM-9:00PM - Funk/Jazz Music - with Wild Card
- Time to let your hair down, dance and chat with all your awesome friends. Free.
- Beverages available $
Asheville Music Hall
31 Patton Ave, Asheville, 28801, NC, United States