AAUW Fremont and NHUSD STEM Discovery Day Feb 2020
Sat 1 February 2020
- 1:00 PM
This event is for students of New Haven Unified School District
THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN
Fremont-Newark-Union City Branch &
NEW HAVEN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
MOTHER DAUGHTER STEM DISCOVERY DAY
A morning of hands-on fun activities
in STEM (SCIENCE,TECHNOLOGY,ENGINEERING and MATH) for 3rd,4th,
5th Grade girls and their mothers,aunts, grandmothers or any female
* • Attend four, 45 minutes, hands-on STEM activities
* • Dress warmly and comfortably
* • Beverages, snacks and door prizes
* • Adult participant can be mother, grandmother, aunt
SCHOLARSHIPS are available for qualified students. Please
contact:Letha Saldanha email@example.com (510)673-4264 OR Shital
COST: $25 per adult/3rd, 4th or 5th Grader pair; $15 for a second
3rd, 4th or 5th grade sibling
ACTIVITIES OFFERED - _YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED FOUR OF THESE EIGHT
* Build a Rocket: Aeronautical Design Engineering for Kids
* Why do Baby Diapers Absorb sooo much Water: Properties of Matter
* Computer Talk: Intro to Coding using Block language*
* CSI-Union City: Forensics
* Stimulate your senses: Window to Your Nervous System*
* Build the World's Tallest Tower: Civil Engineering
* Build the World's Simplest Electric Train: Magnetism
* Build a Rainbow in a Tube: Density
* Additional information on Computer Talk and Stimulate your Senses
Once you complete registration, we will assign you four activities and
send you an email confirmation. Since seating in each activity is
limited, participants are encouraged to register early.
_AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education,
WHAT ARE MY TRANSPORTATION/PARKING OPTIONS FOR GETTING TO AND FROM THE
We will be sending you a map and parking options along with your
activity confirmation email a couple of days prior to the event date
WHAT CAN I BRING INTO THE EVENT?
Please bring your activity confirmation email and the map we send you;
Please check your email and spam the week of the event for this
confirmation email which you will need at the event to navigate your
rooms and sessions.
HOW CAN I CONTACT THE ORGANIZER WITH ANY QUESTIONS?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
WHAT'S THE REFUND POLICY?
We have enable refunds online at Eventbrite up to a week before the
event. Please contact us if you have an unforseen circumstance and
need a refund after the one week cut-off.
CAN I REQUEST A CHANGE TO THE ACTIVITIES ASSIGNED?
Seating is intentionally limited in each activity/session. You will
enjoy all activties since all them are fun!