Alex Padwa Artist Talk
Alex Padwa stops by ITP/IMA to give a talk.
Lecture: "Gold under the dust"
The embedded paradox in all act of design (how did Arthur Dent learn to fly). Disciplined freedom, hectic control, and planned spontaneity – essential tools of the designer, the contemporary alchemist.
The lecture will also deal with the dark sides of innovation, the danger of our own intelligence, and the power of boredom. All will be demonstrated with a variety of industrial design projects, including the lunar spacecraft that met the moon, more dramatically than planned.
Alex Padwa: Industrial and automotive designer.
- Founder of Padwa Design - an industrial design studio specializing in a wide spectrum of projects: Medical high-tech, equipment, consumer goods, furniture and vehicles, including a moon landing space craft.
- Alex Padwa worked for Citroen Paris for five years as a car designer.
- Became the head of the Industrial Design Dept. in Shenkar College of design and Engineering in Tel Aviv (2003-2015).
- Appointed associate professor in 2016, and has been teaching in Shenkar College both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Teaches design thinking in the MBA program at IDC Herzlia.
- Alex has been leading innovation workshops in different academies in Europe (RCA and Imperial College London, Umea Sweden, Eindhoven academy in Holland, UDK Berlin and more).
Please join us in room 410 for this talk.