3D Printing Basics
Learn the basics of 3D printing on our PolyPrinter 229 3D printers. This class is required for anyone who wishes to use the 3D printers in The Maker Spot. All class attendees must have an NRH library card in good standing. Please read The Maker Usage Policy for more information. All attendees must complete a Maker Agreement before attending the class. This class is open to those 9 years old and older. Children ages 9-13 must have a parent attend class with them.
Please arrive early to the class so that it can begin on time.
In this class you will learn:
- Basic parts of the printer
- The slicing and printer control software programs
- How the printing process works
- How to print objects safely
- How to properly shut the equipment down
- Basic troubleshooting and when to seek help
- Equipment reservation process and print pricing