30's & 40's Singles Workshop Like None You've Ever Been To Before!!!
Is your life going well in every area except romance? Now that your career is going well, you’ve got friends, and you’re feeling settled in your neighborhood,
are you ready to find love?
Join us for a singles workshop and picnic that’s sure to jump start your dating life!
This isn’t going to be your average singles mixer. And the point is *not* going to be leaving the picnic with the phone number of someone you found attractive or getting a date lined up.
This event is going to be about having fun, stepping outside of your comfort zone, practicing, learning something you don’t already know about yourself, and meeting new people!
We’re going to let loose, get a bit playful, and practice the fine art of *flirting*!
We’re going to practice using the principles of the *Law of Attraction* to invite love, romance, and friendship into our lives.
We’re going to practice going into social situations carefree, confident, and open to all opportunities for genuine connection.
Parts of it will feel like a workshop. Parts will feel like a picnic with old friends. Parts will feel silly; and others will feel serious. You will laugh and learn a lot!
By the end of our time together:
• You’ll have made at least one new connection
• You’ll feel more excited to date
• You’ll have gotten some constructive feedback on what you’re doing that attracts friends/prospective dates to you
• You'll have at least one idea of how you can improve your ability to attract the types of people you’re most hoping to find,
• You'll leave the picnic feeling more confident and energized!
This is a workshop. We're going to be having fun and "working" too. Please bring the items on this list!
· A picnic blanket, cushion, or chair if you have one
· Water & sunscreen if you’ll need it
· Food to share (We are going to use this in an exercise—so please be sure to bring something--fruit, veggies, chips, salsa, hummus, bagels, baked goods, even gum would count!)
· An open mind
· Willingness to step outside your comfort zone
· Excitement to meet New Yorkers in a pretty unique way
· Your favorite picture of you (in print or just on your phone)
· A picture of someone (anyone) you find attractive
· A list of the top 5 to 10 personality traits you’d most like to find in a date or partner
· A list of your top 5 to 10 favorite things about yourself
What to Wear:
The event will involve a lot of getting up and moving around. Please wear comfortable, casual clothing. Imagine a day at the gym, in a yoga studio, or what you might wear on a late night run to the grocery store. We’re not trying to dress to impress for this one.
Am I Invited? Is This Event for ME???
This event is going to be geared to individuals in their 30s and 40s primarily interested in dating members of the opposite sex. Check the Choose A Life You Love event calendar and Facebook page for invites to similar events for members of other communities. www.facebook.com/ChooseALifeYouLove
***Please note: individuals of all sexual orientations, gender identities, races, and religions will help to enrich our event and are warmly welcome. Please make no assumptions about the individuals you meet. We’re having a picnic in the park to have fun and step outside our comfort zones, not to block people out or pass judgment.
This event will take place in Central Park in Manhattan, but is open to and would be valuable for folks living in other boroughs or even out of state.
• $15 online at
(up until 24 hours before the picnic)
• $25 on the day of the picnic - cash only
If the workshop is cancelled due to rain, you will get 100% of your money refunded to you.
You do not need to RSVP in order to attend. However, RSVPing on MeetUp will ensure space for you, will allow you to save $10, and will allow you to use a credit card rather than having to pay with cash.
If you have any trouble RSVPing on MeetUp, you can also do so by contacting Becky directly at info@ChooseALifeYouLove.com
How you’ll find us:
We’ll be on the west or south side of Sheep Meadow in Central Park in Manhattan in between W 65th and W 67th.
Look for 3 balloons of the same color towards the west or south side of the meadow, partly in the sun and partly in the shade of the trees.
Closest subway stops are:
• 59th St/Columbus Circle - A/B/C/D trains
• 72nd St - B/C trains
• 66 Lincoln Center - 1 train
• 72nd - 1/2/3 trains
• 57th & 7th Ave - N/Q/R trains
More About Your Host:
Becky Emet is the founder of Choose A Life You Love. As a life coach and career coach, Becky combines her background in social work and strategy and management consulting, along with her MBA and MSW, with her passion for helping individuals find true fulfillment. She chooses a life she loves each and every day! Becky has developed and led dozens of workshops and retreats on everything from "Flirting, Diffusing the Pressure, and Resisting the Urge to Cling" to "Living in Joy: Gratitude as the Basis for Faithful Optimism" to "Revenue Generation: First Things First."
You can learn more about Becky Emet's coaching practice at www.ChooseALifeYouLove.com or contact her for a complementary consultation at info@ChooseALifeYouLove.com or (929) 273-1333.
Sheep Meadow, Central Park - MYC
New York, NY, United States